To do or not to do, that is your question. I have the answers. If I've tried it, I've reviewed it. Reviews IMO (in my opinion)offers brutally honest reviews on a range of products, services, and businesses. If you want to know whether you should spend your money on a particular product or service, check with Reviews imo first.
We are based in Missouri, so most of our reviews for businesses will be local to us, however we do review places we have traveled to, lodging, attractions, and products bought from all over the United States.
If you would like to suggest a product/service/business for us to review just send us an email: info@reviewsimo.com

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Animal Emergency Clinic, St. Louis, MO. Jones Animal Clinic Crystal City, MO. Yes/NO

We have a small, 7 year old Yorkshire Terrier named, Zoey and for the most part she gets walked on a leash, but last Friday night we were all busy and put her on the run in the backyard for about 5 minutes. In that 5 minutes something happened, I still don't know what. When we brought her back in she was bleeding from a wound in her belly. We cleaned it and bandaged it, but she was bleeding quite a lot. I really have no idea how much is too much blood for a dog to lose, ya know. Of course, the vet's office was closed, so our only option was the Animal Emergency Clinic in St. Louis, MO. After we arrived they took Zoey to the back and came back out to tell me that they wanted to do exploratory surgery because they didn't know what caused the injury. Exploratory surgery was going to be over $1200.00! I don't have $1200.00!!! I asked them if the amount of blood she had lost was life threatening and they said No. At this point, I'm thinking well, I will just take her to my Vet the next day and see what his recommendation is. So, the clinic cleaned the wound and bandaged it, gave her some antibiotics and charged me $184.08.

The next day, I went to Jones Animal Clinic in the small town of Crystal City, MO. and had Zoey looked at. Dr. Jones was very nice and reassured us that Zoey was just fine. He felt around for internal injuries and seemed confident that there was no internal damage. He told us to just keep her bandaged and keep the bandage dry. He said to bring her back in every 3 days for a couple of weeks to have the bandage changed. I was charged $25.00 for the 1st visit and $0 for every bandage change thereafter. That is what I call Great Service. I will be going back to Jones Animal Clinic!

No comments:

Post a Comment